Thursday, August 11, 2011

Stripes, Stripes and more Stripes! 8.9.11

I mentioned in an earlier post about how I love to mix patterns, colors and textures.  So for this outfit I was feeling "let's do stripes!"  As you can see I worked the stripes almost to death, but not to the point where I think it's over done.  At least for me, I try to push the envelope further with my fashion styling.   What I did here was I took a strapless cocktail dress and put a long cardigan over it and belted it with a wide navy blue belt.  My neck felt a little naked so I took a blue and white striped long scarf and tied it around my neck to make a bow.  The outfit has a dressed up nautical theme to it.  Then I go left field and wear a leopard print high heel to break up the stripes!  I think it looks great.  As for accessories, I wanted to try wearing two rings on one hand.  I saw it in a fashion magazine recently and thought it looked glam and hip.  Also it was it a chance to pull out some my nice jewelry which I have not worn in a long time. I think I will be sporting this trend into the fall.  :) What can I say?  I love stripes!!  It is a staple to any wardrobe!



No comments:

Post a Comment