Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Snow White Goes Retro






I bought this dress last summer at my local Salvation Army for $10 in perfect condition!  I love looking for second hand treasure :)  It is now recently that I am wearing it.  Why?  Well when I bought it, the dress was slightly big on me and figured that I could get it altered.   That never happened.  So one morning, I really wanted to wear that dress having it for almost a year.   So what did I do to make it fit?  I just tightened the waist belt and wrapped it to the front and made a tie.  Then I added a black belt to give it a more fitted shape.  Since the dress is long and hits below the knee, I balance the proportion with high slightly platform black patent leather heels.  You can easily look frumpy if you do not have the right shoe especially working with a dress with that length (also if you have a petite figure).  When I wear this dress I feel like Snow White in the 1950's.  Mainly because of the shoulder flaps of the dress it reminds me of fairytale princess.  Also the black and white gingham print is very retro, and I love the red lining underneath.  It is a flirty feminine dress and got many compliments :)

No comments:

Post a Comment